Why is it important to have someone speak into your life?
Why is it important to have someone to bounce ideas off of?
They will push you to be better. They can be a sounding board. They can help you make decisions by talking it through. Hopefully they are wiser than you and can offer their insight on the matter.
What to look for in a mentor?
- Do you share similar beliefs?
- Do you like the outcome of their life thus far?
- Do you like their character?
- Are they a step or more ahead of you spiritually and mentally?
- Do you like them?
- Do you feel comfortable around them?
- Will they challenge you and encourage you?
- Are they respectful and loving?
Ask them to be your mentor.
Mentors can be in person, but they can also be in the form of books, or someone you follow online that you look up to. Look for someone who is where you want to be and follow them, do what they do.
I have mentors online and in person. I really love having a mentor in person that I can chat with face to face. She knows me personally and can speak into each situation and decision I need to make. It’s wonderful!
Look at the people you have in your life. Is there someone you look up to? Someone you want to be like? Someone you already have a relationship with? Start there.
Do you need a mentor? I’m here for you. Reach out email@example.com